Thursday, December 16, 2004

I don't have TIME to preheat!

Apparently, the latest baking sensation from culinary wizards at Pillsbury is ready-to-bake cookies. Now, I thought Pillsbury cookies were already "ready-to-bake", with a minimum of fuss and effort:
Step 1: Open Tube.
Step 2: Cut dough / scoop dough into balls.
Step 3: Put on cookie sheet.
Step 4: Bake.
Apparently, this was far too labour-intensive for today's fast-paced modern lifestyle, though. I mean, really, who has time to actually form cookies nowadays? It's bad enough we have to wait for the oven to heat to 425F; you mean we have to take even more time out of our day to slice the tube into round cookies? Well, not with Ready-To-Bake cookies - they're ALREADY sliced! Just open the package, put them on the tray, and bake! That'll save you two minutes!

I make my own cookies from scratch. I'm not Superman, people. I'm not even Adequateman. (Or Aquaman, for that matter.) The time it takes to make cookies shouldn't be draining your life away. If it is, maybe you should cut down on the amount of cookies you're eating.

No comments: