Tuesday, December 28, 2004

PSI 101: Introduction to Psychic Phenomenon (*6).

Peach and I were shopping for calendars and sucking down Second Cup yesterday, when the girl at the counter asked me if I was an instructor at the University or a student. I thought it was kind of an odd question, seeing as how I hadn't mentioned anything about the University, but I mentioned that I was in the Speech program. She got rather excited about that, saying that she was trying to get into that as well, and that she was taking a double-major in Linguistics and Psychology. "Well," I said, "that's a pretty good start. Maybe we'll see you there in a couple of years."

As I walked away, though, the fact that she had just randomly started asking me about the University kept irking me. "That was weird, just now."

"What was weird?" she said.

"I thought it was weird that she just started asking me about the university. I don't look like I obviously belong there, do I?"

She looked at me incredulously. "You have 'U of A' on your travel mug. What did you think, she was triple-majoring in Telepathy?"

No comments: