Thursday, April 14, 2005

It's a guaranteed A!

I gave my Thesis presentation in class today. I dressed up for the occasion; put on a nice pair of pants, button-up shirt, and the secret weapon: my black sweater-vest. It's incredibly nerdy, but it makes a good impression for some odd reason. I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt with writing on it, so the "dressy" look has shocked a few people before. It's kind of like when you were in Grade 5, and you had a big assignment due, and you figured you'd get a good mark, no matter how bad the actual assignment was, you'd get a good mark if you had a plastic see-through cover and a good title page? The University version of that is a sweater-vest. At least, it's worked for me so far.

2 comments:

Diego said...

Necktie? Necktie helps. Then your professor would think you're the manager.

Anonymous said...

What would be the female equivalent of the sweater vest? I need the kind of magic to which you refer...