Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Two points of "interest"

After a day of Motor Speech disorder studying, my brain is barely functioning well enough for me to write anything. But just barely.

The first thing is, the new pope was elected, after only two days. I read this
CBS news report on the guy, and for all intents and purposes, he appears to be a bit of a hardass. I guess they wanted to get as far away from the hippie-esque Pope John Paul II as possible. I still believe, though, that taking the name Pope Lando II would have put the church in the public eye a little more, and would have made him seem more down-to-earth. Although, I guess that's the opposite of the image they want.

Secondly, The Edmonton Geek Society is up and running. I just put my first post there, and I encourage anyone with geekly tendencies to visit and give us some feedback. Although, suggestions about how we need less posts about comics and more posts about flower arranging probably won't get you anywhere.

No comments: