1. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Peanuts Theme
2. Michael Franti & Spearhead - Crazy Crazy Crazy
3. Muse - Time Is Running Out
4. Anne Heaton - Your Heart
5. The Beatles - The Ballad of John & Yoko
6. Parliament-Funkadelic - Mothership Connection
7. Keith Jarrett Trio - Five Brothers
8. Guess Who - No Sugar Tonight
9. Talking Heads - Burning Down The House
10. The Puffins - Bad Boys From Leningrad
(By the way: Anne Heaton is really good. The Puffins are...odd, but mostly good. Check 'em out.)
I'm really getting into Patton Oswalt lately. His bits can seem a little random at times, and his comic book nerd tendencies pop out every once in a while - the man pines for a wine bottle with Dr. Doom on the label - but it's part of his charm. He does one bit that just kills me every time I hear it. I become completely useless: my eyes water, I can't catch my breath, and I have to hold on to the counter in order to stay upright. He talks about Black Angus, a steakhouse I have never been to, and how their ads have gotten really scary:
Black Angus Announcer: (threatening voice) At Black Angus, we'll start you off with an appetizer platter featuring five jumbo deep-fried gulf shrimp, served on a disc of salted butter, with fifteen of our potato bacon bombs, and a big bowl of pork cracklins, with our cheese and butter dippin' sauce.
Patton: Oh hey, we're all gonna split that.
Black Angus Announcer: YOU'LL EACH GET YOUR OWN!
I think it's funny because, even though they're apparently trying to kill their customers, it sounds like just the restaurant that Jago could fall in love with. Except for the seafood.