Saturday, June 04, 2005

(Saturday) Random Ten - "The Legend of William Blake" Edition

"That gun will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through it. And your poetry will be written in blood."
- Nobody, Dead Man

Just because I'm a day late doesn't mean I can't do The Electric Mayhem Random Ten, out of 291 tracks:

1. The Muppets - Muppet Show Theme
2. Keane - We Might As Well Be Strangers
3. NoMeansNo - Theresa, Give Me That Knife
4. Zap Mama - Nostalgie Amoureuse
5. Grandaddy - Summer Here Kids
6. The Sugarcubes - This Wasn't Supposed To Happen
7. Grandaddy - A.M. 180
8. Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister
9. Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up
10. Talking Heads - Life During Wartime

(Wow, that was pretty good there at the end. I had to get up and dance a little. That's right: I was getting down and getting funky.)

I just finished watching Jim Jarmusch's Dead Man, starring Johnny Depp, Gary Farmer, and a whole lot of other crazy people. I was going to do an EGS review of it, but I think I need a little more time to digest it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but am having a hard time putting my experiences and opinions into words. All I can say at this point is: I can't believe it took me ten years of hemming and hawing before I actually took it home from the rental store. It's very good.

To-morrow marks the unofficial third anniversary for Peach and myself (the official day was June 1), and we're doing what we do every year: going to the Hotel MacDonald for brunch. It is some of the best food I've ever had (venison sausage, hazlenut banana buttermilk flapjacks, and so on), the ballroom is lovely, and Peach always looks beautiful. Plus: complimentary refills on coffee and mimosas. I wish I could afford to do it every weekend.

No comments: