Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday Random Ten - "Drunk & Wearing Flipflops on Whyte Avenue" Edition

The Electric Mayhem Random Ten, out of 298 tracks:

1. Muse - Time Is Running Out
2. Marvin Gaye - Let’s Get It On
3. Rufus Wainwright - Poses
4. Smashing Pumpkins - Rocket
5. Death From Above 1979 - Turn It Out
6. Handsome Boy Modelling School - The World’s Gone Mad
7. DOA - Let’s F**k
8. Black Flag - T.V. Party
9. Weeping Tile - Anyone
10. Grandaddy - Go Progress Chrome

I was home from clinic on time to watch the local news today, something I rarely do even if I am home in time because, well, I'd rather watch Newsworld or troll the internet newsposts. I wanted to see what the top story was going to be on each of the local networks, given how busy the city is with the World Masters Games - which my a cappella group Apocalypse Kow will be performing at on Monday - as well as the rest of the craziness in the world. CBC started off with the attacks in London, as I expected. A-Channel and Global news opened with the Games' opening ceremonies and how the influx of people was expected to affect the city. And CTV, bless their little hearts, started off with what they thought was the biggest news story of all: the end of the hockey strike. Gotta love the Canadian obsession.

No comments: