Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tympanometry? Shmympanometry.

Well, I have been a bad guy for not being here lately. The reasons aren't important - although I am planning to catch up on a few things in the future - so I put forward the following two things.

1. The Doc reviewed the extremely good The 40-Year-Old Virgin on the tri-weekly updated EGS right here. Please visit and attempt to enjoy.

2. The Doc is now a Teaching Assistant for the Audiology class. He gets a token stipend - which he'll have to report to Student's Finance - and the chance to interact with all the first-year students, pretending to know more about the subject than they do. This is putting the fear of god into him. Good thing first lab is next week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain - I just found out that I have to TA first year bio labs. Why they think I should be responsible for teaching 40 first-years how to light bunsen burners, I don't know... anyhow, when you hear an explosion across campus...

Sylvana said...

Congrats! I guess. I like to teach, but to have to teach that many students would be daunting. I let my students know upfront that there are things that I won't know and in that case, we can find out the answers together. This gives them confidence to take charge of their own learning as well as giving me an out when I am caught not knowing something.