Sunday, August 26, 2007

To Paraphrase Chris Sims: Jesus, You Are Now Freaking Out

MSN conversation with Ro.

Ro: Check it. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-08-24/christian-manga-bible-with-japanese-artists-announced
Me: Oh man. Even the link looks bad.
Ro: no, are you kidding? This is awesome.
Ro: It's a bible with anime art.
Me: Yeah. Awesome.
Ro: sorry, "manga"
Me: Don't much care for most manga.
Ro: fine, we'll get a bible with Jeff Smith art.
Me: I like Lone Wolf & Cub. And I like Gon. And I like what I've read of Buddha.
Me: I might read that.
Ro: Or Bill Sienkiewicz. Even just Revelations. That'd be... well, I mean, can dude get any freakier?
Me: Steranko on Revelations. That'd be awesome.
Ro: Frank Miller can do any scenes with whores.
Me: See, with Steranko on Revelations, during the second coming, Jesus busts on the scene, shirtless on a hovercycle. With an eyepatch.
Ro: YES.


Our wives must have really, really good reasons for loving us.

5 comments:

Secret Rapture said...

My inaugural address at the Great White Throne Judgment of the Dead, after I have raptured out billions! The Secret Rapture soon, by my hand!
Read My Inaugural Address
My Site=http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/spaceman

The Doc said...

Thank you, SR, for making my post seem less crazy.

Andronika said...

Ha ha, manga Jesus!

Is it trippy to say wife, or does it fit like a nice sweater?

The Doc said...

Jeans, saying "wife" is still kind of a novelty, because I don't use it that often. I mean, I don't go around saying "My wife says" when I'm talking to people we both know, because I think that's a little pompous, so it's still a little new. However, I spent the first week after being married referring to my "fwife" because I couldn't get out of the habit of saying "fiancée".

Nezbitt said...

At least you don't call her your "girlfianwife"