Monday, March 03, 2008

My REAL Last Exam?

At the end of this month, I'm going to write my national exam, that will make me a member of the the national college and make me clinically certified. This will help me out in many ways: most places won't hire you unless you're nationally certified, plus you get a big reduction in your insurance rates and access to a lot of resources for professional improvement. It's also a big chunk of money and time. The money's been taken care of, thankfully, but for the next four weeks I'm going to be studying for a four-hour, 200-question exam that is on every class I've ever taken in my Master's program and decides whether or not I can hold a clinical position. Plus, the last class I took was over two years ago, so some of this stuff is like dredging up nearly-forgotten information. So, no pressure. Wish me luck, folks: I think I'm going to need it.

(At least looking through all my old textbooks and notes has reminded me how much I like my chosen career, though. If only I can re-remember it all...)

2 comments:

Foofa said...

I'm sure you will do fine. Have fun prepping!

The Doc said...

Thanks Natalie. I don't know if I'd call it fun, but it is interesting.