Tuesday, August 03, 2004

The Long and Winding Weekend

Well, that was a long weekend. The wedding on Saturday was simply wonderful; when the bride walked into the church, my eyes started tearing up something fierce, but I held it off because I didn't want to have red and puffy eyes when I got up to sing. My photography skills were severely lacking, as I've been out of practice for a while now; the urge to ask for a digital camera for Christmas is slowly gaining strength and conviction. My under-practiced dancing skills were, however, as good as they've ever been. I was unsure if an large overweight man could do justice to the Wedding Dance art form, but I pulled it off. Dancing in a group with the mother and sister of the bride during "Stroke It" was probably a bit much, but hey, when you haven't been to any sort of dance in . . . over a year, you tend to overcompensate.

Monday was the day my a cappella recording time, and by the end of it, I was wiped out. I'm sure we'll be able to salvage something out of the six hours of recording, but I was so exhausted at the end of it I felt as though I was walking through water. I can't remember being so exhausted after a day of singing before. Ah well, it's our first recording, and it's $5 for 5 songs, so people shouldn't really be expecting perfection. They should leave that to me.

The beginning of the month is the time I start doing the countdowns to the important events that are quickly approaching in my life. The big ones for August are:

Seeing David Byrne: 4 days.
The Fringe Festival: 9 days. (9!! NINE!!!)
Leaving my current Full-Time Job: 4 weeks
Going back to University for my Master's Degree: 5 weeks.

I am just a-bursting at the seams with busyness.

No comments: