Thursday, August 05, 2004

Surely you jest...

Apparently, the British Court's just not funny enough anymore:

"English Heritage, guardian of various historic sites in Britain, is advertising for someone to be the nation's first court jester since 1649.
An ad appearing in Thursday's editions of The Times laid out the qualifications: "Must be mirthful and prepared to work summer weekends in 2005. Must have own outfit (with bells). Bladder on stick provided if required.""


I'd like to see Fool of the House of Commons become an official up here, actually. I don't know who to vote for, but I'd just love to hear someone say "Mr. Speaker, I object," and have it followed with "I object as well, Mr. Speaker! I object to these pants!" And then a pair of oversized checkered pants would hit Paul Martin in the face. It'd take a lot of the tension out of the house, and it'd give the Rhino Party something to do.

No comments: