Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Novel or Nothing?

My computer is "in the shop" for at least the rest of this week. It's not so bad; I'm not wasting as much time on computer games and so forth as I usually would be, and that's a REALLY good thing as I'm in the middle of mid-terms and need all the time I can spare myself.

HOWEVER, I hope I can get my computer back by November the First, as that's the first day of National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo). Yes, I'm going to try and write a 50,000 word novella in one month. During Grad School. Ack. My rationale for participating again this year was that I never made the minimum when I participated last year and the year before, so why would I not sign up again this year? I mean, I'm not going to have the time to finish, but I didn't finish last year either: how does this change anything? I figure I procrastinated enough the past two times that I don't write enough, so this year's going to be the same. And National Nothing Writing Month has the same abbreviation, so it's okay.

No comments: