Monday, November 22, 2004

An open letter to the Anatomy and Physiology Midterm I wrote this morning.

Dear Mid-Term,

Damn you. You broke my heart. Our whole relationship was a lie: you promised to challenge me, to nurture me, and make me grow, but the whole time we were together, I felt like I was just spouting the things you wanted me to say, without thinking. And that's not healthy, for either of us. You took me for granted, and I'm sorry, but I can't live like that. I learned a lot from you, and I hope you learned something from me, but the truth is, it's over. Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope I never see you again.

Dev

1 comment:

Jago said...

Dear Dev,

I never meant to hurt you. Truth is, I'm not the paper you thought I was.

You know how it is. When two people meet, they have to judge each other in a limited amount of time. I thought that if I told you all the stuff about who I really was, you wouldn't like me.

So, I lied. And, you, being Dev, decided to imagine me as this midterm I wasn't. And I'm sorry, but I just couldn't live the lie. I turned on you.

It wasn't supposed to be this way.

Your Ex-Anatomy and Physiology Mid-Term