Saturday, March 26, 2005

Books!

A book meme I picked up from Jason Toney, that I was interested enough to complete:


You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

I don't actually understand this question, not having read the book or seen the movie. I do know that it's about people who burn books that people find offensive. So, I would probably want to be Green Eggs and Ham, a book I don't think anyone would find offensive, so that I would never be burned to an ashy pile. Although, if I wanted to be a book that would make people question their book-burning ways, I'd be Brave New World. Maybe they'd see some parallels in me.


Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

HAVE I. Movies, tv, books: I've loved 'em all, but I think this only applies to books. Through my years of reading, I have had crushes on the following fictional characters: Cathy from Gordon Korman's McDonald Hall books, Sabine from Griffin and Sabine, Thursday Next from Jasper Fforde's books, and Trillian, just to name four.


The last book you bought is:

Aldous Huxley's The Doors of Perception / Heaven and Hell. It's a replacement: I lent it to someone a while back, don't remember who, and I've never got it back.


The last book you read:

Nick Hornby's The Polysyllabic Spree. Funny and intersting book, but really all it did was give me ideas for more books to read.


What are you currently reading?

1. Ressurrection: Myth or Reality? by John Shelby Spong (just in time for Easter)
2. Naked by David Sedaris
3. Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse


Five books you would take to a deserted island.

1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
2. The Meaning of Everything by Simon Winchester
3. Shampoo Planet by Douglas Coupland
4. Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons
5. American Gods by Neil Gaiman


Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

I'm not sending it to anyone, because my bookish friends (i.e. Xeryfyn, SJ, Gwyn, Jago, D!) will come by and check it out anyways.

1 comment:

The Doc said...

Name = corrected. Face = red.