Tuesday, March 22, 2005

For comics fans and those who mock us.

At the end of the month, the "Event that will change DC Comics forever!!!!" for 2005 will begin. It was first announced as DC Countdown, and it was going to take last year's "Event that will change DC Comics forever!!!" and make it even more...forever? I guess.

I was looking forward to it. I've always liked the DC heroes more than the Marvel heroes, and an 80 page comic for $1 US wasn't something to pass up. They just premiered the cover for the event yesterday. You can see it here.

At first I thought it was a joke. I mean, "Countown To Infinite Crisis?" After all the big events with the word "Crisis" that DC has put out over the years - including one just last year! - they're doing another one. I'm sure there's a reason for the title, and for the (in my opinion) silly title lettering. I just hope it's a better reason than the DC publishers want to obviously make fun of comics fans, and make millions of dollars doing it.

No comments: