Saturday, March 19, 2005

Jive from the Hive

Last night, my friends The Fabulous Beefeeders had their CD release party at the Sidetrack Café. I've been going to see their shows, off and on, for the better part of five years now, and I've never had a bad experience watching them - and that says a lot, because if any of my friends ask me how their shows went, I try to give an honest answer, warts and all. Last night's show was fantastic. The guys were spot on, their special guest musicians were super tight, and the opening act, Moses Mayes, was on FIRE.

The Bees' two sets were fantastic; I've never heard them play so well. I missed dancing with Sarah like I did at the last show, but I did get the links to some pictures of their last show I went to, and this one was even more fun. People, I tell you as honestly as I can: you must see The Fabulous Beefeeders. Or ask me to listen to their new cd when you see me. And if you don't, I'll probably play it for you without you asking, so you'd might as well just ask anyways.

The scariest part of the night, though, was seeing all the young girls that I used to act with back in Stony Plain, when I was finishing High School and they were entering Junior High. I knew, conceptually, that they were aging at the same rate as I was, but I wasn't prepared to see them shakin' it up at the bar. One of them said she was finishing up her second year of University, and I tried very hard to stop my eyes from popping out of my head. Sure, I might be twenty-six, but should they really be twenty?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your wonderful compliments on the Bees! It was an enjoyable show indeed! As a Tofield member of the BeeFeeders, I dont know who you are, obviously you know Jer, or Aldon or Sean. Exactly who is Doctor Teeth?