Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Rahzel you're not.

It is yesterday, and I am on my way to school. There are two young men in the back of the bus, decked out in what I imagine can only be the hippest of hip-hop attire, complete with 'do-rags poking out from underneath properly angled baseball caps. They are sprawled out across the two seats that face each other, and they are beatboxing. One of the guys is very obviously in control; every time he changes his beat, his friend follows suit behind him. I'm enjoying it at first, but they're changing too quickly for me to really get into any sort of groove, and eventually it gets kind of annoying. After about five minutes of this, the leader changes for about the twelfth time, and his friend goes, "Man, keep it going, keep it going!" He replies, "I can't keep it goin', dog. The beats just come out of my head and I can't remember them." Then I realize that even though he's 'in charge', his friend has more talent, able to fall in line whenever his buddy feels like changing it up. Makes me think about who's in charge in my life and my world, and who should be. And also about listening to some Roots.

1 comment:

Diego said...

"Makes me think about who's in charge in my life and my world, and who should be."

Nice try.

But you still lost the bet, and you're still my butler for one year.

Ginger ale!!!