Saturday, October 01, 2005

A quick note for geeks

(I have a feeling that today will be full of little tidbits, so the first one will be for all the geeks.)

I went to see Serenity last night, and it wore me out. I'm not going to do any spoilers, or any kind of review, not for at least the next few days; partly because of the mid-term, and partly because I know a number of people who haven't seen it yet. However, speaking as someone who has some emotional investment in the series and so wearing my biases on my sleeve: it is an emotional roller-coaster, very good, but not without its flaws. I am really unsure what to think of it right now, and think I need some distance. (If you think this is an overly emotional reaction to a film, then you have no soul. Hate to break it to you, but it's true.)

Secondly - and this is for the comic geeks out there - if you want to read something awesome, check out Erik "Savage Dragon" Larsen going ballistic. That dude is angry.

No comments: