Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Conversation With The Peach 2

Me: I don't think I'm going to be able to go to all the places I wanted to go on my 101 in 1001 list.
Her: Uh-huh.
Me: Maybe we could go to one of them for our honeymoon?
Her: Hmmm...
Me: What?
Her: I'm just trying to think of things I like to do on vacation that aren't going to the beach.
Me: Well, we can go to the beach, if you want. For a day or two.
Her: (After thinking for a while.) I don't know what I'd like to do. I like to go places and look at things.
Me: You have to give me more to go on than that.
Her: Why?
Me: Well, the first thing my brain thought of when you said that was Comic Con 2007. (Sarcastically.) That's somewhere to go, and there's plenty to look at.
Her: (Frowning.) Where is it?
Me: San Diego. (Hopefully.) There are beaches there!
Her: (Shaking her head.) I don't think so.

Hey, it was worth a shot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, too bad it didn't work!

Morgan Smith said...

Actually, San Diego is a GREAT place to go for a honeymoon! You're a stone's throw away from Tiajuana, there are GORGEOUS tide pools at the beaches (the beaches by themselves btw are beautiful), Garnet Ave. is a surfier version of Whyte Ave, they have Sea World (which ROCKS), and they have Balboa Park where you can see early architecture from the Spanish settlers (they also have the world's largest outdoor pipe organ--that's where I saw a Buster Keaton film on the big screen for the first time). There's also the San Diego Zoo and outside the city they have the San Diego Wild Animal Park where you can go on urban sarfaris!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Wow! I didn't know Mack D. read your blog, Dr. Teeth! =)

Anyway, San Diego = Sea World, right? And also driving distance from Disneyland, Universal Studios, Rodeo Drive... and there are lots of beaches out on the west coast. And San Francisco can't be that far away either - Fisherman's Wharf, tons of great shopping...

However, for an awesome full-beach experience, ya can't beat Hawaii; I recommend at least a week, and our favourite island is definitely Kauai (although there is much more to do in Oahu).

As a member of the fairer gender, I have to say that comic book conferences are a *bad* idea for honeymoons. So is watching a WWE event live. So is any geeky "convention." So, for Peach's sake, please avoid all of these. =)