Wednesday, December 05, 2007

On the Tenth Day of Thesis

Thesis writing is not for the faint-hearted. Today I hit the wall. I don't want to go into the gruesome details, but the sooner this thesis is behind me the much, MUCH happier I'll be. And this is just a Masters-level one; when you've completed a Ph.D. Thesis you must be missing some body parts or something.

But I don't want to leave you all with that. Instead, I want to show you part of my first Christmas present of the year. Last month on the CGS boards I signed up to participate in their Secret Santa: you pick someone's name, and then you send them some of your old comics and a sketch of their choice. I foolishly didn't scan my sketch in before I send it, but I'm sure I could convince my present-ee to scan it for me when he gets it. This Saturday I got my package in the mail. I got a lot of good comics, including a lot of stuff from Ape Entertainment that I'm looking forward to reading after Friday morning, and my sketch. If I recall correctly, I asked for either John Constantine, Spider Jerusalem, or Space Ghost from his talk-show days (complete with desk, of course). Well, my Secret Santa combined two out of the three, and the results? Were AWESOME. (Standard "cartoon buttocks" warning applies.)




Oh yes. That makes me smile.

1 comment: