Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fall Playlist

It’s about a month and a half late, seeing as we’re well into winter by now, but I did want to put up a little something about the music that I’d enjoyed over the fall months. It’s not as long as the Spring/Summer list, but I think there are songs here that are just as good as the ones on that list. I loved Let’s Take It To The Stage and Radiodread, and would have put on more than one track from them if I could, but them’s the breaks. So search the songs out if you’re so inclined, and let me know what you think if you do. I think some of these will warm up your wintry bones.

The Doc’s Music: The Fall Singles Collection

1. The Else (They Might Be Giants) – Contrecoup
2. Radiodread (Easy Star All-Stars) – Let Down (nice video here)
3. Living With The Living (Ted Leo + Pharmacists) – Bomb. Repeat. Bomb.
4. Let’s Take It To The Stage (Funkadelic) – No Head, No Backstage Pass
5. A Catalyst For Change (Clock Work Army) – Can’t Hold It Down
6. Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horse (Besnard Lakes) – Disaster
7. Nia (Blackalicious) – Do This My Way
8. The Reminder (Feist) – My Moon My Man (because 1234 would have been too predictable)
9. Standing on the Verge of Getting It On (Funkadelic) – Red Hot Mama
10. Songs of Faith and Devotion (Depeche Mode) – I Feel You
11. Repeater (Fugazi) – Shut The Door
12. Cold as the Clay (Greg Graffin) – One More Hill
13. Phrenology (Roots) – The Seed (2.0)

No comments: