Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Don't pull a blade on the guy in shades. Oh no.

Well, for the first time in I have no IDEA how long, Apocalypse Kow is going to be having a rehearsal this evening with ALL FIVE MEMBERS. We will experience musical landscapes long since forgotten, landscapes like solid tone, blend, and five-part harmony. And it's only a month before the Fringe! To think that THAT is all it takes...

Going to get my hair cut, which will make it over three hundred and sixty-five days between trims. I think I saved an average of sixty dollars on that. Which I of course spent on pizza, chinese food, or comic books. But it's still sixty dollars that I didn't waste on my hair. And if my long hair didn't make my head hot enough to broil salmon, I wouldn't be getting it cut at all. I like the shaggy look, so much so that I have no idea what to do with it when it comes off. I dunno, I'm going to miss my locks, but it'll cut down on the morning washing and drying routine, that's for sure.

Preparing for the camping trip, which should be a lot of fun (as long as Peach doesn't get cranky from being in the car for 4 hours on the way there). The short hair will help with the trip, too; the high on Sunday in E-Town is supposed to be thirty-goddamn-degrees. Thirty. The only reason that I should be subjected to weather that is hotter than twenty-five is if THE SKY IS BLOODY ON FIRE. But if I have sunscreen, sunglasses, and a big bottle of cold water, I'll be able to hack it.

Best monologue from the play I saw last night: "I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" Okay, so it's from Merchant of Venice, but I've never heard it spoken aloud before, and I had no idea it could be that powerful and chilling. It was always this Civil Rights kind of passage, but it's so full of venom, I would be really hesitant to attach it to any sort of rights movement. I loved the whole production, but I think the crowning moment was when we were pulling out of the parking lot and two of the actors got into their car beside us, and one of them put on his sunglasses. At 11:30 p.m. The performance just never ends. Who does he think he is, Corey Hart?

No comments: