Sunday, July 11, 2004

A puddle the size of an intersection.

Gotta love Edmonton weather. Looked great this morning, at 1:30 I thought, hey, I'm going to go for a walk, get a free Slurpee, get some comics, get some groceries, and it'll be great!

Cut to 3:00; rain and hail coming down so thick that I was worried about my place flooding up. Stepped out of the house at 3:49 and it was hazy but at least not raining, and the hail had clogged up the street drains so much that at 83rd and 104th I couldn't tell where the sidewalk ended and the street began because they were both completely submerged. Needless to say that my shoes and socks (and a half foot of my jeans) are completely soaked.

It's still very grey and very gloomy out. I imagine that many a street performer is royally pissed. ("Where the hell is this? Are we still in North America?") But it's the kind of day to read comics and watch Buffy, dark and foreboding. What's that? Oh yes, I am doing that today. Good deal.

No comments: