Sunday, October 23, 2005

Re-write!

This morning, as I eat my breakfast, i'm watching a National Geographic special about the development of the human fetus in the womb. It's pretty interesting, with stuff I didn't learn from my embryology studies last year (four weeks is hard to cram all of it in), and there are some excellent 3-d ultrasound images. However, I feel the writing wasn't up to the standards of the rest of the show. Some of the grammar was rather poor (plurals and singulars not matching up, for instance), and there was one particularly awkward turn of phrase (paraphrased):

"Of the many sperm initially released, only a handful will make it to the egg."

That's the kind of sentence that should have raised a red flag to any editor.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

::snickering::

I love it.